Public Case History
The Public Case History is a tool that allows you to look up the status of cases in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and Court of Criminal Appeals through the case management system of the Appellate Court Clerk’s Office known as C-Track. In addition to providing information about the status and procedural history of an appeal, you will be able to directly access all motions, orders, judgments and opinions filed in the appellate courts after August 26, 2013. Furthermore, many of the orders filed in the appellate courts prior to that date will also be accessible as they have been transferred from the legacy case management system to C-Track. These documents are in PDF format and linked to the particular event in the Public Case History. Before searching the Public Case History, please read the instructions below.
SEARCHING FOR YOUR CASE
You can search the Public Case History database using one of four items: (1) the Case Number of the appeal, (2) the Case Style, (3) the first or last name of a party to an appeal; or (4) an organization. For example:
- When searching by case number, you can search using the sequence number listed in the appeal. To find case: M2012-05656-COA-R3-CV, enter 5656 and the system will return all cases where 5656 is listed in the appeal number.
- When searching by case style, you can search using a name or portion of the style of the case listed in the appeal. To find case: State of Tennesse vs. John Doe, enter Doe and the system will return all cases where Doe is listed in the case style.
- When searching the last name of a party to the appeal, you might enter the name Jones. The system will return all cases that contain the name Jones as a party to an appeal.
- When searching the organization as a party to the appeal, you might enter the organization of R&R Railroad. The system will return all cases that contain R&R Railroad as a party to an appeal.
After selecting a case, the system will retrieve and display the case information such as; Style of the Case, the trial court number, the trial court judge, the major events in the case, the case history events, and record information.
- Only those appeals in which the record was filed after September 1, 2006 are included in the database.
- The data contained in the public case history is current as of the end of the prior business day. To obtain more current information, you will have to contact the Appellate Court Clerk’s Office.
Once you click the link, you will be taken to a separate window.
Please refer to the instructions on this page for using the Public Case History tool. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, please contact the appropriate Appellate Court Clerk's Office.