Project Management Office Lead
The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) will be adopting a project management approach to its planning, prioritization, and delivery of projects and programs. With this new approach, the AOC will be implementing a Project Management Office (PMO) and we are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, functional leader to lead the new PMO within the AOC. The Lead Project Manager directs and oversees the PMO to ensure IT programs and projects meet the goals and requirements of the organization. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other AOC and Court System leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Additionally, this will include a reporting framework focused on value added advice and early identification of risk and issues for all major programs and projects across the AOC.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following: The Project Management Office Lead is a professional able to support projects and programs independently and oversees other project managers. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management and product quality control. Also, the Project Management Office Lead must also able to build and lead a small team of project managers and junior project managers, including: motivating the team, scheduling and assigning work, setting objectives, providing feedback on performance.
- Develop and update plans for projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and overall project resource management.
- Determine time, cost, resources, and materials to complete a project including project change control processes.
- Establish and manage stakeholder expectations, including reporting to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify and resolve/escalate problems as appropriate.
- Identify and manage project dependencies.
- Track, analyze, and report project actuals against project plan.
- Exercise active listening techniques when faced with complaints or disputes and develop potential solutions or assist others in finding positive outcomes.
- Provide project methodology training and instruction to project team members.
- Coach project managers and team members in the concepts and application of the project methodologies and principles.
- Review project documentation for completeness and adherence to standards.
- Manage the compilation and storage of project documentation (central repository).
- Generate predefined reports as well as provide customized reports based on project needs, risks and issues.
- Assist with implementing the State standard project management methodology.
- Lead, organize and facilitate internal and external meetings.
- Strong communication skills; able to approach C-Level /senior managers using appropriate level of detail, terminology, and style
- Strong planning and organizing; ability to see the big picture
- Stress resistant
- Focus on details, errorless delivery, logical reasoning
- Proactive with can-do-attitude
- Searching for solutions not offenders
- A strong team player, proven team leadership potential
- Willing to step out of own comfort zone
- Fast learner with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- 7+ years of experience in project management and information technology
- Experience managing small, medium, and large size projects
- Experience managing projects using both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of MS Project or Planview, and other project management tools
- Knowledge of courts and/or legal community a plus
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or strong knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you will be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Submit an Application for Employment in PDF, a resume, and three professional references by email to email@example.com. The Court System accepts only electronic applicant information saved in PDF format.
Thank you for taking time to submint your information for consideration. Please note that applicants will only receive communication regarding submissions if selected for an interview.
For more information: Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org