The Indigent Representation Task Force will meet at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 30 in Legislative Plaza.
The Task Force will hear presentations from:
- Vince Dean, Hamilton County Criminal Court Clerk and designee for the president of the Tennessee Clerks of Court Conference
- General Jerry N. Estes, Executive Director of the Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference
- Knox County District Attorney General Charme Allen
- Judge Mark Fishburn, Davidson County Criminal Court Judge and member of the Tennessee Trial Judges Association
- Justyna Garbaczewska Scalpone, Tennessee Office of the Post-Conviction Defender
The meeting will be in room LP12 of Legislative Plaza, 301 6th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37243.
The task force was created by the Tennessee Supreme Court in late 2015 to study how indigent representation is administered in the state. The Indigent Representation Task Force has been charged with reviewing practices regarding how attorneys are compensated for work with defendants who are unable to afford legal counsel. More information about and materials from the Task Force can be found here.