Upon notice from the Board of Law Examiners (BLE) that you have passed the Tennessee bar examination, you must complete the following steps in order to practice law:
- Completely read the contents of the email sent to you from the BLE.
- Receive an email from the Board of Professional Responsibility (BPR) with your specific User ID and Password to the BPR’s Online Attorney Portal.
- Log on to BPR’s Online Attorney Portal and complete the New Attorney Registration Form and Supreme Court Pre-Registration Form. Use a credit card to pay the $250 fee. A $4 credit card service fee will apply.
Complete the New Attorney Registration Form and Supreme Court Pre-Registration Form. Mail the completed forms and a check made payable to the Board of Professional Responsibility (BPR) for $250 to the BPR.
- Receive a confirmation email from the BPR and log on to the Online Attorney Portal again to see your BPR number.
- Receive your Temporary Certificate of Eligibility to Practice Law from the BLE.
- Attend the swearing-in ceremony or, if you have chosen to enter by affidavit, get sworn in by an individual with authority to perform this duty.
- Return the completed Affidavit, Oath of Admission and Statement of Sponsor to the Supreme Court Clerk at one of the addresses on the form.
- Receive your permanent license and Supreme Court enrollment certificate.