The Administrative Offices of the Court (AOC) is seeking an Information Security Engineer responsible for leading information security efforts regarding information security risk assessment, mitigation and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain organizational firewalls.
- Manage and maintain system endpoint protection software and email anti-virus/spam systems.
- Manage review, analyze, design and develop plans for system security based on AOC and the Strategic Technology Solutions (STS) policies and guidelines.
- Assessment of information system security requirements, functionality, and the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats.
- Identify, assess, suggest solutions and communicate the impact of security risks and challenges affecting the AOC to management.
- Develop solutions and approaches to remediate critical, high and medium and low vulnerabilities within given tight timeframe set by the AOC.
- Strengthen system protections via ensuring all public facing IPs in a DMZ comply with AOC and STS standards for encryption and are appropriately hardened against attack.
- Participate in server and application patch management to ensure highest level of security with all publicly available systems.
- Work with STS to coordinate security scans, analyze results and work with hardware and application staff to remediate findings as quickly as possible.
- Develop processes and frameworks based on AOC and STS specifications to prevent future vulnerabilities.
- Manage and appropriately respond security incidents quickly and effectively to isolate and mitigate threats as a means to protect confidentiality and integrity of AOC systems and data.
- Work with STS on firewall rules and manage various requests needed to establish and maintain access to various AOC systems hosted in state data centers along with maintaining appropriate documentation thereof.
- State and AOC VPN user account administration.
- Participate in management and maintenance of Appellate Court and AOC server backup systems.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in IT security as it relates job functions.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two years’ experience in information security program design and implementation, information security risk analysis and mitigation, information security policy standards and procedures and implementation, incident response and mitigation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience with networking equipment and technologies, including firewalls, routers, layer 3 switches, Ethernet, TCP/IP, (routing and sub-netting) VLAN and QoS.
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience with Windows and or Linux server operating systems, (experience with Micro Focus OES/Linux is desirable).
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in VMware deployment and management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct work experience in IT system security including security audits, policy and compliance review, risk analysis and threat mitigation, vulnerability management, penetration testing and security incident response.
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience with networking equipment and technologies, including SonicWALL firewalls, routers, layer 3 switches, Ethernet, TCP/IP, (routing and sub-netting) VLAN, VPN and QoS.
- Direct experience with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with VMWare, Windows and Linux server implementation and administration a plus.
- Microsoft and/or Linux OS certifications a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills an ability to work under pressure.
- Skilled at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Experience with backup and recovery software and methodologies. Experience with VEEAM backup and replication products a plus.
- Ability to travel within the state.
- Ability to lift and transport 75 pounds
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you will be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
The AOC Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Court System accepts only electronic applicant information saved in PDF format.
Thank you for taking time to submit your information for consideration. The Court System only accepts electronic applicant information saved in PDF format. Please note that applicants will only receive communication regarding submissions if selected for an interview.